If you’re searching high-and-low for vegan recipes – this is one to keep on hand for an easy and yummy meal.
After going gluten-corn-and-soy-free I thought my Mexican dish days were over.
Fortunately, with so many progressive food companies creating for those of us who must eat mindfully and high-vibrationally – Mexican food is now back on the menu!
Enjoy it here…
- 2-3 Siete Tortillas Take it from me – you’ll want to order a few packages and put them in your freezer – they’re a must! I have anywhere between 4-10 packs on hand – they are one of my go-to’s for easy meals that require tortillas.
- 4 T of organic avocado oil
- 1 can of Amy’s Organic Refried beans
- 1 cup of shredded Daiya cheddar & mozzarella cheese– you can purchase the cheddar/mozzarella blend or just have one of each and mix together as you desire
- 1 bunch of kale or spinach, sautéed in organic avocado oil
- 1 cup of salsa
- 1 organic avocado, mashed and lightly salted
Step one: In a small skillet, pour 2 T of avocado oil. Heat skillet on medium high heat and place the chopped kale or spinach in the pan. Sauté for up to 5 minutes. Lightly salt to taste. Set aside and cover. Bless your greens with the Highest Love.
Step two: On the stovetop, place the refried beans in a small saucepan, place on medium low and cover. Cook until fully hot, around 5-10 minutes. Then, reduce to simmer or the lowest setting. Bless the beans too!
Step three: Also on the stovetop, in a large skillet pan on low heat, coat the pan with a light drizzle of organic avocado oil. Place a tortilla in the pan. Sprinkle as much cheese as you’d like on the tortilla. Cover and reduce to low heat. Cook for no more than 3 minutes or until the cheese is melted but the tortilla is still soft and pliable. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. You do not want the tortilla to become crispy (otherwise this recipe will turn into vegan tostadas, and you’ll need to add some shredded lettuce :)). Again, you’ll want the tortilla to still be soft and pliable. Remove from stovetop and onto your plate. Bless your tortillas and cheese.
Step four: Top the tortilla with refried beans, more cheese if you’d like, some of the greens, a scoop of salsa and some of the mashed avocado. Roll it up, bless and enjoy! Have plenty of napkins on hand – this one can get really messy!
Want more Love in your life? Get a free Love Meditation here.
You can read our disclaimer and more here.