This is yet another recipe to add to your healthy Thanksgiving and Holydays recipe collections!
The holidays are upon us! And to make sure you have the very best in gluten-free holiday stuffing, here is a recipe that will change your life.
I know, it sounds dramatic, but hear me out.
In the early days, my sisters would not touch my stuffing. Now, they ask me if I’m bringing it!
This year, one of my sisters (I’m the oldest of 5) said she would only be eating MY food this year. This is stunningly unprecedented.
But…after 20 years of eating intuitively, metaphysically, consciously – I’m so happy they are more on board – I want them to live a long time, age beautifully and have on-point intuition too. 🙂
Now, onto the recipe!
The Best Gluten-Free Stuffing of your Life
- 1 loaf of cubed gluten-free bread – the kind of bread you use matters. Most GF breads will turn the stuffing into just bits of bread. Use Food for Life Brown Rice bread, yeast & gluten-free OR Ener-G Tapioca Loaf bread for the best performance. It’s a bit spendy these days, unless your local co-op carries either of these brands – but they’re totally worth it. I have not tried this yeast-free brown rice loaf, but the price is much more amenable, so you may want to try this if you’re concerned about pricing. Place your order now and you’ll be so happy you did!
- 1/2 cup grass-fed butter (1 stick)
- 1 large organic yellow onion, chopped
- 6-8 stalks cups organic celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons organic sage
- 1 tablespoon organic thyme
- 2 organic eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1 T organic garlic salt
- 1 cup organic, vegan vegetable broth (this is my absolute FAVE, highly recommend)
Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Place bread crumbs on a baking sheet. Bake in oven for 5-10 minutes or until light brown or toast slices in the toaster and then cube – your choice. Mix butter, onion, celery, sage, thyme, eggs, salt and broth in crockpot. Add in toasted bread crumbs. Stir together until well mixed. Cook on high for 3 hours. Serves 4.
Be sure to bless your stuffing and offer up a prayer of gratitude for the day!
You can read our disclaimer and more here.
P.S. I’ll have photos for you here after I make this for T-giving! Xo