This is my go-to super protein smoothie recipe and it tastes delicious too! #mindblown
Most vegan protein powders (and protein powders in general) are hideously awful. I searched high and low – literally – until I found one that had zero aftertaste and was filling.
This recipe can easily be used to break fast, although I recommend always having a cup of hot water to warm up your digestive system first before putting anything into your stomach. You don’t ever want to hit your stomach with cold food when breaking fast.
Too much cold food can create a host of imbalances in the body-mind. I recommend eating in accordance with the seasons, so smoothies like this are best for our friends below the equator right now or in warmer weather climates.
It’s not that you can’t have a smoothie during the colder months, it is simply something you want to limit having regularly in the colder months or at least make sure you’ve had a cup or two of hot water and perhaps hot herbal tea beforehand. Warm up your body, then give it some smoothie goodness.
This smoothie is so filling, it will last you most of the day long!
What you need:
- 1 cup of organic unsweetened almond milk – regular or vanilla
- 1 c of organic swiss chard or spinach, chopped (swiss chard featured here in this recipe)
- 1 organic banana, split in two
- 1/2 cup of ice made from filtered/alkaline water
- 1 t of Skinny Protein mix from Your Super (Listen, I’ve tried all the vegan protein mixes and this is the highest quality and tastes good too!)
- 2 T organic almond butter (I am raving about this Portland, Ore.-based almond butter – any of their flavors are divine, but I’m loving the Chunky Almond, Cashew & Coconut blend.)
Be sure to bless your smoothie and offer up a toast/aka prayer for the day! Xo
You can read our disclaimer and more here.